Caramilk Mars Bar Slice
When Caramilk returned to supermarket shelves, I joined the craze first eating it by the block. Then a bright idea came to me, what if I took one of my favourite childhood recipes and Caramilkified it? The end result is inevitably delicious and incredibly easy to pull off, being a no-bake recipe.
3 regular Mars Bars (chopped into 2 cm segments)
100 grams butter (room temperature)
3 cups Rice Bubbles
270gm Caramilk (1.5 blocks)
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1. Start by lining a 27.5cm x 17.5cm baking tray with baking paper.
2. Dice two regular Mars Bars into 2cm segments.
3. Combine Mars Bar pieces and butter into a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth.
4. Add Rice Bubbles to saucepan, stirring until combined.
5. Press mixture into greased tray and leave to cool.
6. Make a double boiler, then place Caramilk and vegetable oil into the top of your makeshift double boiler bowl and stir over a low heat until melted.
7. Once fully melted, pour the Caramilk over the Rice Bubble mixture and use a spatula to smooth out. Leave to set for 10 minutes.
8. This step is optional, but will make for a beautifully decorated slice so it's well worth the effort. Pour caramel back and forth over the slice in a zigzag pattern, then use a skewer to draw perpendicular lines through the pattern.
9. Finally, scatter leftover segments of Mars Bar on top of the slice.
10. Put into refrigerator to set.
Tip: Take the slice out of the fridge 30 minutes before you cut it into squares. This will allow the chocolate to cool, making it easier to cut and will prevent the chocolate top from cracking.