Hostess with the Mostest
Updated: 6 days ago
Are you looking to impress your guests by achieving hostess with the mostest status? Look no further than Maxwell and Williams.
Whether it’s high tea, afternoon tea or platters you’re serving, Maxwell and Williams new range, aptly named Seed and Leaf, will add a feminine touch to any occasion. This range caught our eye with it’s decorative small floral cut-outs and soft embossing. Made from porcelain, the range includes cake stands, side plates and platters with a white glossy finish and rounded edges.
Using the two-tiered high cake stand, love heart and round shaped plates, we styled a complete buffet of sweets fit for any lavish high tea at home. Style this with the black Elemental cutlery set and your guests will feel as though they’ve been transported to a royal high tea at the Ritz.
To get you started with your own high tea, we’ve listed our recipe for what we deem the most indulgent brownies.
Choc Fudge Brownies
You will need:
2 cups plain flour (sifted)
½ cup cocoa powder (sifted)
1 tsp vanilla extract
250gms unsalted butter (cubed, room temperature)
200gms dark chocolate (broken into small pieces)
¼ tsp baking powder (sifted)
30cm x 20cm lined baking tray
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C degrees fan forced.
2. Melt the chocolate pieces in a microwave for 30 seconds at a time, mixing until smooth, then add the cubed butter in small batches and stir until fully combined.
3. Add the sifted plain flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and eggs into the chocolate mixture and stir.
4. Pour the brownie batter into a lined baking tray and place into the oven for 40-45 minutes. To check if your brownie mixture is fully cooked through, insert a skewer into the centre. If the skewer comes out clean, your brownies are ready.
5. Flip the baking tray upside down onto a chopping board or cooling rack and leave to cool for at least 20 minutes.
6. Finally, slice and plate up with a garnish of fresh strawberries and cream.
If adding a splash of colour to your dining table is more aligned with your style, the contemporary European inspired Artisan range offers a variety of hand-dipped tableware that you can mix, match and layer with ease. The organic shapes, colours and texture emanate handcrafted aesthetics. This is further developed with each product through a crackle glaze. It’s bespoke tableware without the hefty price tag.
For our spread we plated up an Italian feast of buffalo mozzarella with vine-ripened tomatoes, whole roasted garlic, olives, prosciutto wrapped grissini and a chorizo casarecce topped with parmesan.
Best of all, these homewares can be loaded straight into the dishwasher following your event so that you can sit back and relax once the party’s cleared out.
To shop the full Maxwell and Williams homewares range, simply visit www.maxwellandwilliams.com.au.